Sport Car Club (Singapore) – Constitution
(amended and approved by Registry Of Societies effective 03 October 2014)
1. (1) The Club shall be known as the ‘Sports reduslim donde comprar best reviews Car Club (Singapore)’ hereinafter referred to as the ‘Club’.
2. (1) The object of the Club are to:
(a) encourage interest in the restoration, maintenance and use of sports cars;
(b) promote all forms of motor sport for the benefit of members;
(c) provide various forms of competition and social entertainment; and
(d) generally advance the opportunities of members who so engage themselves.
(2) The Club may do all such other lawful things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the basic objects of the Club as stated in sub-clause (1), including the:
(a) purchase, taking on lease or exchange, and the hiring or otherwise acquiring of any real or personal property;
(b) construction, maintenance and alteration of buildings or works;
(c) buying, selling and supplying of, and dealing in, goods of all kinds;
(d) publication of newsletters, periodicals, books, leaflets or other documents in printed, electronic or other form;
(e) purchase or acquisition of all or any of the property, or other assets, liabilities and undertakings of any association with which the Club is amalgamated in accordance with the provisions of the Associations Incorporation Act 1964;
(f) establishment and support of any other association formed for any of the basic objects of the Club;
(g) borrowing and other raising of funds, and acceptance of gifts.
(3) The Club may, with the approval of the Registrar of Societies, establish any number of branches it deems fit. Such branches shall be under the control of the Club and shall function in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution and the rules made thereunder.
3. The administration of the Club shall be in the hands of a Committee, hereinafter referred to as the ‘Committee’ which shall consist of Officers namely a President, a Vice President, a Secretary, a Treasurer, and up to six (6) other Officers, to take up any such roles and positions as decided by the Committee.
4. The term of office on the Committee shall be one (1) year. Elections for Officers shall be held annually at the Annual General Meeting of the Club.
5. The Committee shall normally meet at least once per month at a place appointed by the Committee or by means of a teleconference between various places attended by Committee members.
6. No meeting of the Committee shall be convened unless:
(a) there are in attendance at least 50% plus one of the number of the elected Committee members (adding one half if the 50% is not a whole number); and
(b) those in attendance reduslim donde comprar best reviews include two of the following: the President (who shall be Chairman), the Vice President (who shall be Chairman in the absence of the President), the Secretary and the Treasurer.
7. (1) Minutes of proceedings at meetings of the Committee shall be taken by the Secretary, or by some other Committee member delegated for that purpose by the Committee, and recorded in the Minute Book of the Club.
(2) Sufficient copies of the recorded minutes shall be made and distributed to Committee Members.
8. (1) Each member of the Committee shall, subject to sub-clause (2), remain in office until immediately after the next succeeding Annual General Meeting, when he or she shall retire, but shall be eligible for re-election.
(b) becomes bankrupt or compounds with creditors;
(c) becomes of unsound mind;
(d) resigns in writing addressed to the Secretary;
(e) ceases to be a resident in Singapore;
(f) is absent for three (3) Committee meetings in a row without an acceptable excuse to be determined at the full discretion of the President in consultation with the Committee.
(g) ceases to be a member of the Club;
(h) is expelled or retired by a resolution of two-thirds of the Committee.
(3) A nominee for the position of President shall have effectively served twelve months as a Committee member, or shall satisfy the Committee before nomination that he or she is a suitable person for the position of President.
9. Any casual vacancy in the Committee however occurring, (except in the position of Immediate Past President), shall be filled by a person nominated by the remaining members of the Committee and, upon acceptance of the nomination, the nominee shall hold office in accordance with and subject to Clause 8 (1).
Election of Members of the Committee
10. (1) The election of officers and General Committee Members is to be held at the Annual General Meeting and only Prestige Members can be nominated for membership of the Committee.
(a) made in writing signed by two members of the Club and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate; and
(b) delivered to the Secretary of the Club by no later than the date and time fixed for the holding of that Annual General Meeting.
(a) the candidates nominated are taken to be elected; and
(b) further nominations are to be received at the Annual General Meeting.
11. (1) The President, Vice President, the Treasurer and Secretary constitute the Executive Committee.
Duties of Office Bearers 12.1 The President shall chair all General and Committee meetings. He shall also represent the Club in its dealings with outside persons.
12.2 The Vice‑President shall assist the President and deputise for him in his absence.
12.3 The Secretary shall keep all records, except financial, of the Club and shall be responsible for their correctness. He will keep minutes of all General and Committee meetings. He shall maintain an up‑to‑date Register of Members at all times.
12.4 The Assistant Secretary, if so appointed by the Committee, shall assist the Secretary and deputise for him in his absence.
12.5 The Treasurer shall keep all funds and collect and disburse all moneys on behalf of the Club and shall keep an account of all monetary transactions and shall be responsible for their correctness. Cheques, etc. for withdrawals from the bank will be signed by the Treasurer and either the President or the Vice‑President or the Secretary.
12.6 The Assistant Treasurer, if so appointed by the Committee, shall assist the Treasurer and deputise for him in his absence.
13. (1) The Committee may, by resolution, create one or more sub-committees to undertake or administer designated matters in pursuance of the objectives of the Club and appoint a person to act as chairman of each such sub-committee.
14. (1) If required to meet the purposes for which a sub-committee is established, the Committee may cause to be opened a bank account and such bank account shall be operated subject to that clause.
(a) signing cheques or other documents that enable financial institutions to make payments as instructed by such documents, and/or
(b) accessing computerised systems that allow the balances and transactions of accounts in the name of the sub-committee to be viewed and can be used to give effect to electronic transfers of funds out of, or between, those accounts.
Procedure at Meetings
15. (1) On any question arising at a general meeting or of the Committee or of a sub-committee each member entitled to vote thereat, including the chairman, has one vote only.
Disclosure of Interests
16. (1) If a member of the Committee or of a sub-committee has a direct or indirect pecuniary interest in a matter considered, or about to be considered, at a meeting of the Committee or sub-committee, the member is to, as soon as practicable after the relevant facts come to the member’s knowledge, disclose the nature of the interest and that disclosure is to be recorded in the minutes of that meeting.
Membership of the Club
17. Membership of the Club shall be in accordance with the following categories:
(a) Prestige Member
i) To be eligible, a person shall support the objects of the Club.
ii) To be eligible, a person will be required to register at least one car, deemed by the committee for all intents and purposes, as a sports car.
i) a nominated partner or child of a Member.
ii) any person who supports the objects of the Club but fails to qualify as a Member by virtue of not satisfying clause 17(a)(ii)..
18. An application of a person for membership to the Club shall be:
i) made in writing showing the name of the applicant (or partner/children if joint nomination), place of residence, local address, numbers;
ii) accompanied with relevant proof of ownership of the vehicle to be registered. Where the car registered is not owned by the member to be, he shall furnish a letter of authorisation signed by the registered owner of the car for the permission of the registration of the car and usages of the car associated to Club activities.
iii) seconded by any registered member of the Club;
iii) in the case of a nomination, accompanied by the written consent of the person nominated;
iv) submitted together with the applicable entrance fee; and
v) lodged with the Secretary of the Club.
19. The Committee may refuse any application for any type of membership without assigning a reason.
20. (1) Upon a nomination being approved by the Committee, the Secretary shall notify the nominee in writing of the approval for membership of the Club and, upon receipt of the relevant subscription and any applicable nomination fee, shall enter the nominee’s name and other related details in the register of members, whereupon the nominee becomes a member of the Club.
(b) Any fee or part thereof paid is made on a non-refundable basis, and a person who has ceased to be a member for any reason whatsoever shall have no claim. against any purported pro-rated residue.
22. Subject to Clauses 10(1), 17(1) and 30(1), all members shall have equal rights conferred upon them by their membership of the Club irrespective of their membership category.
23. A right, privilege or obligation of a person by virtue of membership of the Club, is not capable of being transferred to another person, and terminates upon the cessation of membership.
24. (a) Any member whose annual subscription is not paid within one month of the due date for payment, shall cease to be a member.
(b) Subject to satisfactory reasons, the Committee may at its discretion waive the provisions of sub-clause (a) upon payment in full of the annual fee.
25. (a) A member may at any time renounce his membership by giving notice in writing to the Club.
(b) The subscription fee or any part thereof shall not be refundable..
Expulsion of Members
26. (1) The Committee may expel a member from the Club, if in the opinion of the Committee the member is guilty of conduct detrimental to the interests of the Club.
(2) If the Committee expels a member of the Club, the Secretary, without undue delay, is to cause to be served on the member a notice in writing:
(a) stating that the Committee has expelled the member; and
(b) specifying grounds for the expulsion; and
(c) informing the member of a right to appeal, under Clause 28, against the expulsion.
(3) The expulsion of a member under sub-clause (1) does not take effect until whichever of the following is the later date:
(a) the expiration of 14 days after the service on the member of a notice under sub-clause (2);
(b) if the member exercises the right of appeal under Clause 27, the conclusion of the special general meeting convened to hear the appeal.
27. (1) A member may appeal against an expulsion under Clause 26 by delivering or sending by post to the Secretary of the Club, within 14 days after the service of a notice under Clause 26, a requisition in writing demanding the convening of a special general meeting for the purpose of hearing the appeal.
(a) the Secretary is to immediately notify the Committee of its receipt; and
(b) the Committee is to cause a special general meeting to be held within 21 days after the date on which the requisition is received.
(3) At the special general meeting convened for the purpose of this Clause:
(a) no business other than the question of the expulsion is to be transacted;
(b) the Committee shall place before the meeting details of the grounds for the expulsion and the Committee’s reasons for the expulsion;
(c) the expelled member is to be given an opportunity to be heard at the meeting but shall not vote;
(d) the members present are to vote by secret ballot on the question whether the expulsion should be lifted or confirmed;
(e) if the majority of members present vote in favour of lifting the expulsion it shall be lifted and the member is entitled to continue as a member; but
(f) if the majority of members present vote in favour of confirming the expulsion the expelled member ceases to be a member of the Club.
General Meetings and Voting
28. (1) A reference to ‘general meeting’ includes the Annual General Meeting. The supreme authority of the Club is vested in a General Meeting of the members.
(3) The Chairman of a general meeting at which a quorum is present may, with the consent of the meeting, adjourn the meeting from time to time and place to place, but no business is to be transacted at the adjourned meeting other than the business left unfinished at the meeting at which the adjournment took place.
(4) If a meeting is adjourned for 14 days or more, the notice of the adjourned meeting is to be given in the same manner as the notice of the original meeting.
29. The President, or in the absence of the President, the Vice President, shall preside as Chairman at every general meeting of the Club.
30. Only Members who have joined for one year or more are eligible to vote at general meetings. For the avoidance of doubt, Associate Members are not eligible to vote at general meetings.
31. Notice of general meetings setting forth the date, place and time of any such meeting, together with an agenda, shall be provided to members at least 14 days prior to the date of the holding of the meeting.
Annual General Meetings
32. (1) The Club is to hold an Annual General Meeting each year on any day during the month of January, February or March that the Committee determines.
(2) The ordinary business of the Annual General Meeting is to:
(a) confirm the minutes of the last preceding Annual General Meeting and any other general meeting held since that Meeting;
(b) receive from the Committee and auditor of the Club reports on the transactions and financial position of the Club during the last preceding financial year;
(c) elect the Committee members of the Club;
(d) appoint the auditor for the ensuing financial year; and
(e) appoint the Public Officer for the ensuing year.
(3) The Annual General Meeting may transact special business particulars of which have been included in the agenda supplied to members together with the notice of the Annual General Meeting.
Special General Meetings
33. (1) The Committee may, whenever it thinks fit, convene a Special General Meeting of the Club.
(2) The Committee shall, on the requisition in writing of no fewer than ten members, convene a Special General Meeting of the Club, provided that:
(a) such requisition states the objects of the meeting, is signed by the requisitionists, and is deposited with the Secretary;
(b) if the Committee does not cause a Special General Meeting to be held within twenty-one days from the date of the depositing of such a requisition, the requisitionists or any of them may convene the meeting, but any meeting so convened shall not be held after three months from the date of the deposit of the requisition
(4) No Special General Meeting shall be held unless a quorum of 15 members entitled to vote, or two-thirds of the Club membership (whichever is less) is present. Income and Property of the Club
34. (1) The Income and Property of the Club, however derived, shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objects of the Club in accordance with Clause 2 and no portion thereof shall be paid directly or indirectly to any member of the Club except by way of remuneration in return for services actually rendered to the Club, or for goods supplied to the Club by the servant or member in the ordinary course of business;
(2) The Club shall not appoint a person who is a member of the Committee to an office in the gift of the Club for which there is payable any remuneration by way of salary, fees or allowance, or pay to any such person any remuneration or other benefit, other than repayment of out-of-pocket expenses.
35. Upon the winding up of the Club no member shall by reason only of membership of the Club accept, receive or be entitled to any share in whole or part of the assets of the Club, and any surplus assets shall be distributed to one or more incorporated organisations having similar objects to the Club and whose rules prohibit the distribution of property and payment of income to members.
Finance and Accounts
36. The financial year of the Club is the period beginning on the 1st day of January and ending on the 31st day of December.
37. (1) The Committee may cause to be opened such account or accounts, in the name of the Club, with a bank as it so determines.
(2) The Treasurer of the Club shall cause any monies received by the Club to be deposited, as soon as is practicable, into an account operated by the Club. Provided that any monies received by a sub-committee shall be deposited by the treasurer of such subcommittee into an account opened by the Club for purposes of receiving such monies.
(3) The Committee shall appoint the Club Treasurer who together with one or more members of the Committee, or any sub-committee, may authorise payments and other withdrawals from any account of the Club either by:
(a) signing cheques or other documents that enable financial institutions to make payments as instructed by such documents; or
(b) accessing computerised systems that allow the balances and transactions of accounts in the name of the Club to be viewed and can be used to give effect to electronic transfers of funds out of, or between, those accounts.
38. (1) True accounts are to be kept of:
(a) all monies received and expended by the Club and the matter in respect of which the receipt or expenditure takes place, and
(b) the assets and liabilities of the Club.
(2) The accounts are to be open to inspection by members of the Club subject to any reasonable restrictions as to the time and manner of inspecting the Committee may impose.
(3) The Treasurer shall cause all general records and accounting records of receipts and expenditure connected with the operations and business of the Club, to be kept in the form and manner as the Committee directs and those records shall be stored at such place as the Committee determines.
(4) The Treasurer shall provide every meeting of the Committee with a report on the financial activity and the financial position of the Club in such form as the Committee directs.
(5) After the end of each financial year the Treasurer shall cause to be prepared from the accounts an annual financial report including statements of the Club’s income and expenditure during the year and its financial position as at the end of that year. The financial report shall include notes explaining the basis of preparation of the statements and, where appropriate, providing further information on certain disclosures in the statements.
(6) The annual financial report prepared in accordance with sub-clause (5) shall be presented to members of the Club at the Annual General Meeting following the end of the financial year to which the report relates.
39. (1) Except as expressly authorised by resolution of the Committee, no member of the Club shall have any power to contract on behalf of, or pledge the credit of the Club or the members of the Club.
(2) The Committee has no power to contract on behalf of, or pledge the credit of, the Club or the members of the Club beyond the amount of the Club’s monetary assets, without a resolution passed by a two-thirds majority of all members voting at a general meeting of the Club.
Auditor and Audit of Accounts
40. (1) At each Annual General Meeting the members present are to appoint 2 (two) person as auditor of the Club and that auditors are to hold office until the next Annual General Meeting and be eligible for reappointment.
(2) The auditor may only be removed from office by special resolution.
(3) If an auditor is not appointed at an Annual General Meeting, or a casual vacancy occurs in the office of auditor, the Committee is to appoint an auditor for the current financial year.
41. (1) The auditor is to examine the accounts of the Club for the financial year and may:
(a) have access to the Club’s accounts, books, records, vouchers and other documents whether in written or electronic form;
(b) require from any member of the Committee, Sub-Committee, and any servants of the Club, any information and explanations considered necessary for the performance of the auditor’s duties; and
(c) employ persons to assist in auditing the accounts of the Club.
(2) Upon completion of the audit, the auditor is to issue to the members of the Club a written report as to whether in the auditor’s opinion the annual financial report including statements of the Club’s income and expenditure during the year and its financial position as at the end of that year, together with any notes thereto, fairly present the financial transactions during the year and financial position at the end of that year.
(3) The auditor’s report may include other matters relating to the audit and shall be provided to members of the Club, together with the annual financial report for the financial year, at the next Annual General Meeting following the end of that financial year.
Seal of Club
42. (1) The seal of the Club is to be in the form of a rubber stamp, inscribed with the name of the Club encircling the word “Seal”.
(2) The seal of the Club is not to be affixed to any instrument except by the authority of the Committee.
(3) The Affixing of the seal is to be attested by the signatures of the President or Vice President together with any two members of the Committee.
Place Of Business
43. Its place of business shall be at “1 Queensway, Queensway Shopping Centre/Quee #12-65, Singapore 149053” or such other address as may subsequently be decided upon by the Committee and approved by the Registrar of Societies. The Society shall carry out its activities only in places and premises which have the prior written approval from the relevant authorities, where necessary..
44. A member is deemed to have sufficient notice of a document which is given to the member personally, or forwarded to the member by pre-paid mail, or sent electronically by facsimile or by e-mail, in each case in accordance with such details relevant to the member as are recorded in the register of members, and the document is deemed to have been received by the member on the second business day next following the day of posting or electronic sending, respectively.
45. (1) Any member participating in any function/event/activity organized by the Club shall indemnify and hold harmless the Club and its committee members/officer bearers, whether singly or jointly, from any suit, action or claim brought by anyone or their companion(s) who attends and/or participates in such functions/event/activity.
(2) Such undertakings by each Club member shall be implied in the application for membership as forming part of the offer of membership to the club by each prospective member or applicant.
46. The Committee may present, or invite any other person to present, a trophy or trophies for any motoring event or series of events or for any other purpose connected with the Club.
Visitors and Guests
49. The funds of the Club shall not be used to pay the fines of members who have been convicted in court of law.
50. The Club shall not engage in any trade union activity as defined in any written law relating to trade unions for the time being in force in Singapore.
51. The Club shall not indulge in any political activity or allow its funds and/or premises to be used for political purposes.
52. The Club shall not hold any lottery, whether confined to its members or not, in the name of the Club or its office bearers, Committee or members unless with the prior approval of the relevant authorities.
53. The Club shall not raise funds from the public for whatever purposes without the prior approval in writing of the Assistant Director Operations, Licensing Division, Singapore Police Force and other relevant authorities.
Amendments to Constitution
55. The Club shall not amend its Constitution without the prior approval in writing of the Registrar of Societies.
58.1 The Club shall not be dissolved, except with the consent of not less than three-fifths (3/5) of the total voting membership of the Club for the time being resident in Singapore expressed at a General Meeting convened for the purpose.
58.2 In the event of the Club being dissolved as provided above, all debts and liabilities legally incurred on behalf of the Club shall be fully discharged, and the remaining funds will be disposed of in such manner as the General Meeting of members may determine or donated to an approved charity or charities in Singapore.
58.3 A Certificate of Dissolution shall be given within seven (7) days of the dissolution to the Registrar of Societies.
– END –